uPVC Maintenance ← Back to Customer Advice
UPVC windows have an extremely low maintenance requirement compared to other material types but to ensure you get the best for your windows and doors maintenance should be carried out on a regular basis, at least twice a year. In areas where there is a strong possibility of salt sea spray, this should be done at least four times a year.
Windows and Doors
- White Frames – Wash with warm soapy water to remove dirt and atmospheric deposits. To remove stubborn stains apply liquid Cif or similar product to a clean cloth and rub off.
- Woodgrain Frames – Wash with warm soapy water. Never use abrasive cleaners as these will damage the laminated surface.
- Glass should be cleaned regularly with a clear liquid spray glass cleaner and a soft cloth.
- Hinges require regular maintenance and oiling. All areas of the hinge should be kept clean and clear of dirt and an annual application of light oil to the pivot points and tracks is recommended.
- Locks should be given an annual application of light oil to ensure free running and closing. The keeps should be given a coating of petroleum jelly or similar.
- Special attention should be paid to keep drainage channels free and clear of blockages.
- Window and door furniture should be wiped down with a damp cloth. Do not use liquid cleaners or abrasives on any hardware.
- The tightness of all screws and fixings should also be checked.
- The tracks on patio door and French doors should be kept clean to ensure smooth running and drainage channels also kept clear.
- Gaskets and seals should be cleaned regularly with a mild non-abrasive detergent solution to remove any dirt and grime.
For further information on maintenance and troubleshooting download a copy of our maintenance manual.
See what our customers have to say about our products and services
See what Job Opportunities are available with us.
- Our one and only Yearly Sale starts 9am Monday ...
- Norscot are currently recruiting for Window Fit...
- A service to celebrate the life of Ian R Body w...
- …Six-times World Snooker Champion presents awar...
- Colin Torley, Sales and Marketing Director at V...